Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Letter from Maisha

Daddy…I love you so much. Thank you for being such an amazing father to me. I felt your love every second of every minute of every hour of every day. I have been so blessed to call you dad.

You were my biggest cheerleader and the greatest fan of my life. You were always my best advice giver and I can’t tell you how much I’m going to miss that.

There’s so much I wish I could say but words don’t even express the gratitude that I feel for the role you have played in my life. You have been the most excellent example of how to love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul…even through suffering. You have so beautifully modeled how to love others, even when sometimes it meant that you would get little in return.

You praised Jesus up until your last breath and I am so thankful that I got to be at your bedside to witness that. In your last hours, through the greatest suffering that you had ever been through, you cried out that you would never forsake Jesus…I will always remember that. My last words to you were that you are the best man that I have ever known. I pray you heard me because it is true. So very true.

God is going to have to pick up the pieces of my shattered heart and fill the huge, gaping hole I now have. But, I know He can do it. I’m putting my trust in God’s provision through Jesus and I know that I will see you again…and this time, we won’t have to ever say goodbye!

One of your favorite verses has always been John 14:2. “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” I’m clinging to that verse for the rest of my days here on earth until I finally make it home.

I can’t wait to wrap my arms around your neck and tell you how much I’ve missed you; I pray that I will make you proud. I pray that I will learn to love the way you loved and that your wonderful attributes and traits will be passed on through me and Mikey.

Bye for now my daddy,
Forever your “pink push up girl”

7 comments:

A Maui Blog said...

precious... very precious letter of love ...

Liza

Anonymous said...

My dear Maisha
Oh how I cried! I know the hole in the heart and how it will never heal but always remain broken. It doesn't mean we don't love the Lord
We can only be greatful that he was in our lives when the one we love went to be with Him. I will always be praying for you and your family. I am always saying till we meet again dear sweet pea. I wonder now if your dad has found Angie. There are so many that Kit has to be with but pray that he looks after her, not that she needs it where she is at. Look after your sweet mom, she will need you more then ever!
Love Nick and Sharon

Unknown said...

Beatifull words Maisha, They maked me cry.... I'm sure your dad is by your side now.

Carolina

Anonymous said...

Mai- You are so right...The best we can do is be thankful and joyful for the time God gave us with our loved ones, even while we are hurting from the deep loss... God blessed both of our families so incredibly much with two amazing men... i love you.
JoAnne

Anonymous said...

Simply put...wonderfully written.

Anonymous said...

Maisha,My fondest memories of you were you jumping up and down, smiling ear to ear in your "Johnny Jumper" when you were just a baby, Your dad and I would be going on a bike ride and when we got back you;d still be at it. Your dad loved you so deeply. so unconditionally and he was so, so proud of you.I can only imagine the whole in your heart. I'm so glad you have your faith,family and friends. God's healing love acting through friend's and family will make you whole again. God bless you all. Jimi

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your Dad is gone, either. Know what? He's still with us. I have all his apologetics course on CD, and plan to run with them one day, perhaps offering my own class.

Dean S.