My dad is battling allergic reactions though (he experienced that before) where he gets all puffy and one of his eyes was swollen shut last night. It's from the antibiotics and may also be from the blood transfusions. He's doing a bit better with that this morning though.
His blood pressure was dangerously low last night and they almost took him to ICU, but that's better as well. My guess is that it was because his red blood cells were so low, and once the transfusion started working and his body got used to it, he was doing better...but I'm not sure.
My dad is still thinking about starting on mylotarg (I spelled it wrong before) after he's feeling a little better...but he also wants to be home on Maui for Christmas.
Thanks sooo much for your love and prayers!!
**as of 5:00pm*
Not great news--I just got off the phone with my dad...what he told me is that the cancer cells in his blood have increased from around 65% or so to about 75% in one day. This is not a good sign. The cancer cells are spreading VERY fast. According to the drs...if he were just to go home and get transfusions...he might make it to Christmas. They decided they don't want him to do mylotarg but do a newer different type of chemo (sorry I don't know more details about that). It's very intense...but if he makes it through, he could have more time. So, once he is a little more healthy, they are planning on starting that treatment (maybe in a couple days, I'm not sure). This is not an easy decision for my dad, and this is not an easy time for my entire family...so I hope that all of you will try to respect this decision. It is hard to make these kind of calls, you know what I mean if you've ever had to make them. That being said, what we need is prayer!!!! and we sooo appreciate it!!! thank you!