I wanted to take this time to speak heart to heart to you about all that is happening. As most of you know, we finished the chemo course, took the bone marrow test and none of the cancer went in to remission. This is very disheartening to us , as well as to you ,I know. We have been battling this leukemia for 9 months now and many of you have supported us( literally... carried us through this ordeal), but with the blood counts dropping all Summer and into the Fall, we finally had to come to Oahu because my body could not fight this bad sinus infection and the cancer cells were back in my blood stream in dangerously high numbers. We made the decision at that time to excellerate a third chemo treatment, knowing there was only a small chance of remission.
Now, if you could just continue praying for me and my family that would be wonderful. It would do two really powerful things. , it would knock one more time Hard on Heaven's gates...... it would ask one more time for a miracle. It would require a complete demonstration of God's true power and glory if he healed me.
Secondly, it would continue the process within all of us to learn to cope with adversity and to increase the realization of the value of true loving relationships.
Kit is dictating this letter to me... and his mind is getting really foggy right now... so we are going to continue this later. WE love you guys and we really appreciate all your support through these months.
The doctors are trying to isolate the bacteria , microbe, or fungi that is causing Kit's infection. Please pray that his own blood would start to produce the nutraphils that could help fight infection. The doctors know that Kit wants to come home to Maui and that is our goal.
Love,Kit and Shelly